It was the perfect set up for game day. The ChattTenn Sports team all piled in Casa De Winn and the kitchen counter top lined with 3 crock-pots, all filled with different football delights.There is the sweet tasty goodness of little smokies, the hearty change of pace broccoli and cheese soup, and lastly the GOAT of game day foods: buffalo chicken dip.
Coming off the win over Kentucky I truly believed we were going to pull this one out and go bowling. Before Saturday, in all honesty, I’ve watched Drew Lock play 3 or 4 quarters all year and I thought that was enough to show me he was OK at best. I figured Mr. 3 and out himself, Derek Dooley, would show his old losing ways in Neyland. Boy was I wrong….
- our typical run defense starting off pour, once again
- Good D Alontae!
- Beautiful great 3rd down defense in the red zone!
- Oooooo thought we had a chance at that block 3-0
- rushing attack: still mediocre
- JG has taken too many big hits this. Sacked on 4th
- Gary is madly in love with Lock…
- Man, Pruitt looks good in that White
- Our Secondary is playing so well
- SIT DOWN LITTLE BOY! Big hit on 3rd
- We. Can’t. Block. Anyone!
- Just get out of there and punt. Second straight 3 and out hurts
- I hate this Drew Lock side arm this
- GET DOOLEY OF MY SCREEN!
- Ugh then they show his stats at UT
- Great contain by our front 7
- Too easy for a 3rd down throw..
- Another solid stand for the D. 6-0
- What a catch that would’ve been
- Third straight 3 and out
- Gotta get to that throw some how. But solid throw my Lock
- Coverage. Sack.
- Not our best punt return..
- Keller time!
- What a beautiful touch throw to Jennings
- Ty Chandler Touchdown! 6-7
- OMG what a beautiful squib kick. Gotta come up with that ball
- what a drop
- Dang it. They answered. 13-7
- Girls in the room “Those Missouri cheerleader outfits are hideous”
- probably not the best throw. But great catch Callaway
- Tough settling for a field goal inside the 5..
- they are making this drive look easy
- lol what a terrible drop.
- Be smart Taylor…
- Damn. That was a good route..
- Finally got the PAT block. Could make a huge difference. 19-7
- Great return. Let’s get going!
- What a cut! Chandler with a huge run
- Ouch. Gotta get that ball down. Had DMW open
- Jesus. What an awful miscommunication. Missouri INT… ran back to the 11.
- Put our defense in a tough spot, starting out inside the 15.
- Ugh, TD Missouri 26-10
- Brice with another good return to start the half!
- Just put it up in the air and Callaway will get. Big time catch.
- Soft pass interference call. But we’ll take it!
- (slap hands!) Walk in TD for Ty! 2nd for him today. 26-17
- Ugh. Without that terrible block that’s a freaking pick six
- Oh great, our bad tackling came back.
- Ugh we just can’t stop them. 33-17
- ooo gotta wait ½ a second Keller
- Well that should been face mask.
- Wowwww could not have had a worse fumble Fils-Aime. Missouri takes it to the house. 40-17
- I can’t believe we almost lost another fumble
- Good defense. But we Vols it up with a roughing the passer call (bangs head against wall)
- And Avery carries a pile of Vols for a first (face palm)
- Fumble! We got it!
- what a terrible series
- New series, same result: We can’t stop them..
- We are almost giving up
Let’s Get This Over With Quarter
- Update: We still can’t tackle
- Guess you can say we held them… field goal 43-17
- Do better Offensive Line!
- What a rough hit on the punt return. Hate to see a guy lying like that. Targeting coming.
- not their best series. Get them on a 3 and out
- Poor Keller. He did not think he’d be running this much
- Andddd he also didn’t think he’d have this many picks..
- They’re making interstates for their running backs
- This is brutal to watch now.
- Sure just give them the first down on an offsides
- Lol the scored again. 50-7
Guys you can hate on my fandom all you want, but I’m ending this. This hurts. I’m going to get more buffalo chicken dip and eat my sorrows away.
That was like watching your best friend get beat up in a fight, that you can’t help stop… Really felt on senior day we would have rallied up more, guess not. I think we all have a few bitter feelings toward Dooley, due to the amount of losses he helped us with. Now he helped do that from the opponent sidelines (or booth in his case).
I’ll be in Nashville for the Vandy game, and I’ll be an absolute nervous wreck. Living in Nashville made my dislike for Vandy a real thing. Especially living there when they’re beating us. So knowing the fact they could keep us from calling this a successful season, hurts. Have an awesome Turkey Day everyone.
JOIN US LIVE ON FACEBOOK LIVE AT 7PM EST EVERY MONDAY AND SHARE YOUR OPINIONS WITH US!
Thanks for reading and share with your friends!